Saturday, December 27, 2014

Our Christmas Advent Calendar 2014

Wowee. What a December. It's been a busy one that's for sure and it's all caught up with me in the last little while - I have been a very sleepy mumma for the past couple of days. But it's all been worth it. I have one very happy girl who has loved Christmas this year. We've done an advent calendar of sorts every year, but with being on maternity leave at the moment I had a lot of time to put into making this years, and I want to share it with you all :)


It was really easy to set up really. A bit of time and effort, that I even feel like I could of put in if I was at work like usual. A lot of the set up was done sitting on the computer while I watched TV at night - a pretty normal past time for me.

By 'set up' I mean making the actual cards. The hardest part was thinking of the activities. Most are self explanatory, but those that aren't I will explain. Here are the cards, you can download them from my google drive by clicking on the links.

Here are what the front of the cards looked like (what the 'tree' in the photo was made out of).


And these were what I printed and attached to the back of the cards (the activities).


The elf seeds were a favourite... of mine. I just love the idea. Leah thought it was pretty cute but even at 3 she was a bit skeptical - 'Did daddy put these in here?'
What you do is place 'elf seeds'  into a bowl of 'soil' - we used red and green m&ms and a bowl of sugar. We planted our seeds in the 'soil' and a few days later.....

....candy canes sprouted!


Every day we woke up and found and read our new day's card.

And at some point during the day we completed our activity. Here are some of my favourite photos from the month.
Decorating the tree...

Going to Santa's Wonderland...

Writing Santa Letters...

Taking silly christmas photos...

Making a Christmas themed dinner and dessert.

Leah's rudolph hair for her daycare party

Our Christmas photos...

Our photo with Santa... (with no mummy in it this year! What a brave girl!)

Our sweet as gingy house...

And dancing to Christmas Tunes...

It's been a busy December, but it's been a fun one. Looking forward to maybe getting an Elf on the shelf for next year's delights.

No comments: